1C Entertainment has announced T19 Games’ First game, Dread Templar. This game is a blast from the past, but with a modern feel! We are talking Fast-Paced Retro FPS inspired by Doom, Quake, and Hexen. Truly, it has the look of a 90s FPS but the feel of a modern Roguelite. At least that’s how I see it.
Some of the main takeaways from Dread Templar are:
- Dread Templar uses elements from both modern retro FPS and classic shooters, such as fast-paced gameplay, dashing, headshots, and bullet time so you can enjoy the old-school shooting games in a modern way!
- Customize your weapon skills to fit your own playstyle and fight against the demon hordes
- More than 10 types of weapons in the game, including katana swords, firearms, and infernal guns!
- Explore side areas and secret places, solve interesting puzzles and get rewards
- Handmade retro art style – all elements in the game, including weapons, demons, and levels, are done in a retro pixel art style reminiscent of the 90s shooters
All that being said, you should see Early Access available on Steam during this Fall 2021! If you are a fan of the old DOOM, Quake, or Hexen titles, you might want to give this one a shot.