2019’s biggest upset, Anthem, seems to be making a comeback with their latest dev blog. Bioware decided to overhaul their game towards the end of 2019, whereas many players hope they can rebound the game.
I myself have bought the game after playing it in beta, and I did think it was great in beta. Shortly after the purchase, the game was infested with bugs, had no rewards later on, and there weren’t that many things to do with your Javelin.
- LEARN MORE: Genshin Impact – 5 Beginner Tips You Must Know!
All that being said, I really do enjoy the overall concept of the game. Not everything was completely negative with Anthem, and I know 2019 completely sh** on the game. Hopefully, this overhaul does revive the game, otherwise, I wouldn’t even bother to write about this news.
Anthem’s Overhaul Progress
In their Dev Blog which I stated earlier, they gave us a peek at what they are planning for the overhaul. So far, this rework is aiming towards:
- Javelin Gameplay & Builds
- Skill Trees
I’ll give you a quick rundown of all three of these pinpoints so that you aren’t left in confusion. This is part of the entire overhaul, the rest is most likely coming in 2021.
Javelin Gameplay & Builds
This change is one of the most requested fixes that they’ve received, and they provided more than just a fix. Javelins are way more in-depth than they are currently.
You don’t have to pick-up abilities anymore but instead unlock them, Javelins can now level up, and they’ve added a massive Skill Tree!
Those are just a couple of important ones I just listed off to you, here are their actual notes:
Choice and Experimentation in your Loadout
- All items are categorized to one of the 11 available equipment slots
- Weapons are either Primary or Secondary, allowing distinctiveness in their role
- Mods and Artifact slots replace Components
- Manage Equipment and Abilities in your Loadout Screen
Reliably Create Builds
- Abilities are unlocks, not drops! Play with the Abilities you want, when you want
- Empower your Abilities by equipping them with Mods
- Builds are defined by the synergies of Specializations, Abilities, and Equipment
- Inscriptions improve build synergies, but are no longer the primary factor
Provide Choice and Progression through Skill Trees
- Each Javelin can level up, awarding Skill Points
- Skill points can be spent to unlock Abilities, Passives, and Stat Boosts
- Each Specialization has its own Advanced Skill Tree
Expand on the Fantasy and Playstyles of Each Javelin
- Javelins have access to multiple specializations that cater to different styles of gameplay
- Each Javelin now wields a powerful Artifact that can be customized
This one is self-explanatory. You level up Javelin> you unlock Skill Points on said Javelin > you get Javelin stronger.
Each Javelin has its own Skill Tree, and they have specializations that are inside the trees as well. So far, it looks like there are 3 specializations you can go with:
These specializations have ANOTHER Skill Tree, making this system even more attractive. They have the right idea about the skill tree because it would make you want to grind harder. You are going to want that strong skill towards the max level of the Javelin, which means more grind:
Artifacts are the solution to the component problem. No one including myself didn’t like them, and Bioware fixed this issue as well. They replaced Components with Artifacts, which are pieces that boost your Javelin.
Each Javelin has its own and they also change your appearance depending on your choice:
That’s All We Have For Now
Anthem’s Dev Blog ends off on that note, which leaves many excited for the new overhaul! I personally like the changes so far, but I fear one thing. They are gonna charge people who are already own the game even though it’s a rework technically.
The publisher is EA, so I wouldn’t be surprised by these shady practices at all. EA is such a sh** publisher, all they do is paywall everything making decent games look like trash. I’ll save this rant for another time, but there is no expected release date for this overhaul. Be on the lookout, and stay tuned with Digagami!